Peri Peri Sauce (Better than Nando's)
- 4 red capsicums, halved and seeds removed (or a jar/can of roasted red peppers)
- 8 cloves of garlic or 8 tsp of minced garlic
- 4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 red onion ( cut in quarters )
- 1 c lemon juice
- 10 chilies (more or less to taste)
- ½ c Red wine vinegar
- ½ c Extra virgin olive oil
- Roast the capsicums, garlic, red onion and chilies in the oven @180 min until soft, 20-30 min depending on your oven.
- Remove from the oven and add to a saucepan (including juices from the roasting tray) along with all the other ingredients except the olive oil and simmer for 20 min.
- Blitz until smooth in a blender or using a stick blender do the same in sauce pan, once smooth slowly pour in the olive oil while blitzing.
- Leave to cool and salt and pepper to taste.
This sauce is great; more depth of flavour than most hot sauces and more than enough kick for most people. Great on chicken, ribs or pizza.