- ½ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup Telegraph Hill Golden drizzle
- 2 Tbls Telegraph Hill Baking olive oil
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Shortcrust Pastry
- Line a 23cm pie tin with baking paper and roll your pastry out so it over hangs the edge by a few cm.
- Blind bake the pastry at 180 for 15 min.
- Remove from the oven and using a sharp knife trim of the excess pastry.
- Layer the pecans in the pie case
- Mix the baking oil, Telegraph Hill golden drizzle and brown sugar together
- Add the eggs and whisk until combined
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder
- Stir until combined
- Pour over the pecans
- Bake at 180 for 20min or until set and golden brown
I normally find pecan pie too sweet. This one has much more subtlety and depth of flavour