Olive oil Chocolate chip cookies
- 1 cup Telegraph Hill extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 175 °c and line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Add the olive oil, vanilla, both sugars and salt, to a large mixing bowl. Mix until you have a smooth consistency. Now mix in the egg. Blend until it's completely smooth again.
- Add the flour and baking soda to the bowl and mix together until just combined
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Mold the dough into balls about 2 tablespoons each ball. Because there is no butter in the recipe you will have to be reasonably forceful when pushing the balls together to stop the chocolate chips escaping
- Add the balls to the baking sheet leaving enough room between them for them to spread when you bake them
- Use a fork to push the dough balls down and flatten them slightly then lightly sprinkle each one with flaky salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10min or until golden on the edges.