Canadian Style Olive Oil Pancakes
- 1 3/4 cups self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons EVO plus extra for cooking
- Mix the flour, sugar and baking soda together in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk in the egg, buttermilk, and 2 tablespoons of the extra virgin olive oil until you have a smooth batter.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan over a medium heat.
- Ladle 1/4 cup of the pancake mixture into the pan and cook until golden brown.
- Flip the pancake with spatula and cook until golden brown on the second side.
- Serve with maple syrup, honey, berries, golden syrup or whatever takes your fancy