Beetroot Pickled Eggs
- 12 Hard Boiled Eggs
- Telegraph Hill Beetroot and Apple Drizzle
- ½ Cup Telegraph Hill Wasabi Vinaigrette
- Chopped herbs for garnish (dill, parsley or chives)
- Hard boil the eggs and then peel them. This, oddly enough is something a lot of people struggle with. Run the eggs under cold water immediately after they are cooked and when they are cool enough to handle start peeling them. The warmer they are the easier they will be to peel.
- Completely cover the eggs in Telegraph Hill Beetroot and Apple Drizzle and place in a cover container in the fridge.
- Leave for 16-36 hours, 16 hours will give you a nice pink edge to the eggs and 36 will be almost completely pink
- Remove the eggs and cut in half length ways
- Scoop out the yolk and combine with the Telegraph Hill Wasabi Vinaigrette
- Spoon or Pipe the yolk mixture back into the eggs, garnish with chopped herbs and serve
Most food from the 1970's and 1980's deserves to stay there. This twist on the more traditional curried eggs however still is worthy of its place at any BBQ