Hot Honey Halloumi
- 600g halloumi cheese
- 5tablespoon Telegraph Hill Hot Honey Drizzle
- 1medium lemon, zest only
- 4sprigs thyme
- 2-3tablespoon Telegraph Hill Extra Virgin olive oil
- Slice halloumi in 1-centimetre-thick pieces
- In a small bowl, add the Telegraph Hill Hot Honey Drizzle, lemon zest and thyme leaves. Mix well.
- Add one layer of halloumi slices to an air tight container. Spoon over a layer of the honey lemon dressing. Add another layer of halloumi on top, add dressing, repeating until all the cheese has been added. Pour over any remaining dressing.
- Place container in the fridge to marinate overnight, if possible, otherwise a few hours will do.
- Every now and then, turn container upside down so dressing can marinate and coat the cheese on all sides.
- Heat some of the olive oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Pat the halloumi cheese dry as it will stick to the frying pan. Add to the heated frying pan.
- After 2-3 minutes when you have a nice sear, turn the cheese around. After 1 minute, add a few spoons of the dressing to glaze the cheese. Once the second side has seared, remove from the pan and add to a plate.
- Keep repeating this process until all cheese is cooked
- When serving, add a few more spoons of the honey dressing to coat the cheese, then eat and enjoy!