Turmeric and Black Pepper Rice
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 4 Tablespoons Telegraph Hill Turmeric and Black pepper drizzle
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 Tablespoon Telegraph Hill Lemongrass, Makrut Lime & Chili olive oil
- 3 cups cooked long-grain white rice (such as basmati or jasmine)
- 2 Spring onions (chopped, green part(top) and white part (bottom) kept separate
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Fresh coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1x lime (cut into wedges)
- Toast almonds (or other nuts of your choice, pine nuts work well also) in the oven at 180 degrees for 3-4 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside to cool
- In a small bowl soak the golden raisins in 2 tablespoons of the Telegraph Hill Turmeric and Black pepper drizzle and 2 tablespoons of boiling water
- Heat Telegraph Hill olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat
- Add the lime and sear until beginning to blacken slightly.
- Remove the lime and set aside.
- Add the white parts of the spring onion to the pan, adding extra oil if necessary and cook for 2 min
- Add the rice and season. Cook until the rice is completely warmed through.
- Remove from the heat and mix in the extra 2 tablespoons of Telegraph Hill Turmeric and Black pepper drizzle, raisins, toasted nuts, coriander and spring onions.
- Garnish with lime wedges and serve with extra Telegraph Hill Turmeric and Black pepper drizzle
Great dish to serve with fish or chicken or simply enjoy as is. Be careful when toasting the nuts, expensive and easy to burn if forgotten about for a minute or two, and in most restaurant kitchens it will cost you a box of beer for the other kitchen staff if you burn them…….