Mediterranean Baked Salmon
- 1/3cup Telegraph Hill olive oil
- 4garlic cloves sliced
- 6sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 1/2cup cherry tomatoes whole
- 4Pieces fresh Salmon, can also be made with any white fish
- 1/4teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1/2teaspoon chilli flakes optional
- 1 cup Telegraph Hill Olives any variety you choose or just one flavour
- 1/4cup sliced jalapeños
- 2teaspoons capers drained
- Preheat the oven to 230 degrees C.
- Place the baking dish with the olive oil in the oven to preheat for 6-8 minutes.
- In the meantime, season your fish with salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
- Once the pan is preheated, immediately add in the garlic slices, half of the thyme sprigs, the tomatoes, fish fillets, and Telegraph Hill olives.
- They will sizzle slightly and the flavours will begin to infuse.
- Continue by topping the fish with sliced jalapeños and capers.
- Drop the oven to 190 degrees and bake the fish for 20-25 minutes depending on the size of your fillets.
- If you want a charred look to your fish, switch to grill after 20 minutes of baking and grill for 2 minutes.
- Once the fish is ready, take the flavourful olive oil around the fish and drizzle it over the fish.
- Garnish with the remaining fresh thyme sprigs and enjoy.
- Great served with crusty bread, rice, pasta, or salad.
Note. If substituting salmon for white fish, cook for 15-18 minutes.